2 reasons not to use kettlebells:
Hi guys! It’s Jono here today. I’m super excited. Brenda and I are attending Tony Robbins “Unleash the Power Within” this weekend (Thursday – Sunday)! I’m a huge fan of Personal Development and making yourself the best possible version of you and Tony is the king of this! Are you coming?
So hey, last week I spoke a lot of Suspension Training and why it’s so important… Another tool is believe is just as important in Outdoor Bootcamp Training is the “Kettlebell”
Now there’s HEAPS of benefits of using Kettlebells but the BIGGEST advantage is the Kettlebell Swing! There’s that many benefits of a Kettlebell Swing – I could write a whole book on it… So I don’t want to get into that side of it + most trainers already know how important it is to include Kettlebell Swings in their Bootcamp Workouts! What I want to talk about is a few issues around Kettlebells and the Fitness Industry.
1) Trainers not being 100% comfortable with their Kettlebell Swing technique. This is perfectly normal… It’s not commonly taught in your studies… I completed a Uni Degree in Sport Science (in two different countries), was an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, had a Cert III and IV in Fitness and had worked in the Fitness Industry for about 5 years before i learnt how to use Kettlebells (the first two gyms I worked at didn’t have Kettlebells)…
What’s important here… Don’t feel “bad” that you’re a Personal Trainer and you’re not 100% sure how to swing a Kettlebell – you weren’t taught… BUT… do something about it… Kettlebells and Kettlebell Swings are AWESOME when done properly… So complete a course in Kettlebells 🙂
2) Trainers knowing how to swing themselves BUT not being able to communicate to their clients how to swing a Kettlebell… This is common with Trainers who are natural athletes / self taught… The problem with this is the trainer “knows” how to do it but doesn’t “know” how to teach it… Now this is important because it’s all well and good if you can do it but if you’re clients can’t – then they are not going to get the benefits and they are going to get injured…
What’s important here… Don’t think your clients are “not able to swing”… Complete a course which gives you step by step specific teaching tools that can teach pretty much anyone to swing a Kettlebell.
PS: If you’re a Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor and keen to up skill when it comes to using Kettlebells in your sessions, I recommend checking out our Kettlebell Certification CEU Courses! On completion of the courses you will receive 2.0 NASM CEUs and 20 AFAA CEUs.
If you liked this blog, I recommend checking out the below
- Does it Matter what Kettlebell I Use? (blog)
- 4 Benefits to Using Kettlebells for Bootcamp (blog)
- Kettlebell Movements and Programming for Bootcamp (podcast)
At Fitness Education Online, we have one of the largest Facebook Groups in the world for Personal Trainers and Fitness Professionals. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas. We would love to invite you into the Group – click here to join.
Connect with Fitness Education Online on Social Media
Click here to join our Facebook Group
Click here to follow us on Instagram
Click here to listen to our Podcast on Apple
Click here to listen to our Podcast on Spotify